01 02 03 400 Things: Vinegar as Fabric Softener 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Vinegar as Fabric Softener

34
Doesn't laundry seem like an expensive chore? Well, it does if you buy lots of brand-name products to get your duds clean.

However, using basic products around the house, you can save lots of dough and still have fresh, clean smelling clothes. I have been making my own laundry detergent for over 2 years, and I'm still extremely happy with it. What's more, it only costs pennies per load.

I have recently added vinegar to my list of laundry staples. I add about 1-2 tablespoons to the liquid fabric softener cup in my washer. It has improved the condition of my laundry in several ways:

It definitely removes odors (with 5 children, I know all about laundry odors)
It is gentle on the fabric
It really does soften fabrics and prevents static cling

I can tell it's doing a good job because the bath towels come out of the dryer nice and fluffy.

Good-bye, Bounce! Hello, vinegar!

(I use distilled white vinegar. It's good for lots of other things around the house, too.)

Photobucket Share





Photobucket

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38