01 02 03 400 Things: Awesome Slow-Cooker Chicken Nachos 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Awesome Slow-Cooker Chicken Nachos

34 This is a de-LISH-ous recipe that I've seen and tried in two different versions. The first one was here at Brown Paper Packages. It was so good. We ate it as Nachos as instructed. I put the leftovers in the freezer and used them as enchilada filling just last week.

Then, I found a similar version in the new slow-cooker book I got for Mother's Day. The only difference in this one was the addition of corn.

Here's what I did today:

6-8 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
1 can black beans
1 can corn
1 can tomatoes and green chiles

Cook all day (8-10 hours) on low. Shred chicken and mix it all up again before serving. We had it wrapped up in tortillas with shredded cheese and on tortilla chips as nachos.

I think next time I will add a squeeze of lime juice and a sprig of cilantro.

Otherwise, all I can say is YUM!

Oh, and tonight I have rice pudding in the slow-cooker for tomorrow morning's breakfast.
Photobucket Share




Photobucket

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38