01 02 03 400 Things: Felt Crayon Caddy 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Felt Crayon Caddy

34 I've been looking at these online for a couple of months, and finally decided to start making them! I found a great tutorial at Skip to My Lou, and just improvised a little.

This is my first one, so it's not exactly perfect, but I thought it was cute anyway. I just made my own crayon shape for the front.


I used a couple of ideas to improve the caddy at A Lemon Squeezy Home.


She suggested the ribbon behind the notepad to make it sturdy:


I started making these for my newphew and my boys, but my niece was here and asked for one, too. So I made her a girly one:



I'll find a cuter notepad at the Dollar Store to go in this one. This is all I had.



And instead of button closures, I used Velcro.



Please forgive the bad lighting on my photos!
These are super easy and cheap. It took less than 30 minutes for each one.
I used less than 2 full pieces of felt for each one. Felt is .25 cents at Hoby Lobby. The entire roll of ribbon was about $1.50, and of course I didn't use all of it. And crayons are on sale at Wal-Mart right now for .25 cents for a pack of 24. I only used 8 per caddy.
Is that fun or what???
Share

Photobucket

Labels:

35 36 37 38