01 02 03 400 Things: Sonlight: First Month 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Sonlight: First Month

34



We took the plunge and ordered Sonlight curriculum last month. I've considered it for a couple of years, but was finally sold on it when I realized how great it was for teaching multiple children at once.

So we began Core 4 (American History Part 2). I've spent a LOT of time teaching American History Part 1 my own way (does that surprise you?), so I decided that this would be a good place to start.

I loved it the very first day. But by the end of the first week I knew I'd hit the jackpot when my kids told me that "this is fun!"

My 13 year-old is flying through her readers, so I have supplemented with some more books on the same general subject. She loves historical fiction, so I simply went to the library and found something suitable.

My 9 year-old is right on schedule with her reading. She enjoys her readers and the geography projects.

Even the 4 year-old is having fun. He joins us at the table for our history studies, and usually colors and listens while I read. He has enjoyed looking at the maps, and is picking up an incredible amount of information.

We haven't started their science yet, but we will by summertime.

This is exactly the kind of homeschooling we love. It doesn't even feel like work. And my favorite part is that I don't have to plan lessons, search for books at the library constantly, or go online to find more learning ideas. I love that it includes Bible, Language, History, Geography, and Reading. It's all there, and it's all done.

Why didn't I do this a long time ago?

Share








Search & Win



400 Things

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38