01 02 03 400 Things: Saving Greeting Cards 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Saving Greeting Cards

34 Do you save every greeting card you receive? If so, do you have them lying around your house stuffed in dresser drawers, filing cabinets, and nooks and crannies in the bookshelves?

We did. All four of my kids like to save the pretty cards receive from grandparents and friends. I like that they like to look at them occasionally, reading the sweet notes in them.

But I did NOT like finding them in the closet floor, under the bed, and everywhere else.

So, here's what I did:

I went to the craft store and purchased photo boxes on sale:




Somebody put stickers all over theirs. Can you guess who?

Each child has their own box, and when a card comes in the mail, they enjoy it for a couple of days, and then it goes into the box. Occasionally they will pull out the box and look through their cards.


For Valentine's Day, I came up with another plan to keep all those little tiny cards they got from their friends at church. I just put the whole stack together and tied them up with ribbons. They stay nice and neat. The kids typically don't go back and read all of these little cards, but if I dared to throw them away, there would be tears!

Our family of six lives in a little tiny house. I have to get creative so I don't get cranky. This one has helped one small bit of our clutter!

Click here to see where I save the photos that come in Christmas cards.

Share

400 Things
Search & Win

Labels:

35 36 37 38