01 02 03 400 Things: Simple Living: Slow Cooking 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Simple Living: Slow Cooking

34






Welcome to the first post in a series called Simple Living for 2010. I will be devoting this category to simplifying every area of life: time, money, homemaking, homeschooling, and anything else that comes to mind.

Today's post is about something I've already harped on before: slowcooking! It really does take the stress out of preparing meals for a family, and there are so many more options than soup and stew!

One of my favorite recipes is this recipe with the super creative name:

Slow Cooker Chicken

6-8 frozen chicken breasts (or 1 per person)
2 cans cream of chicken soup

Spray slow cooker with non-stick spray. Lay frozen chicken in the pot, and dump the soup on top. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.

That's it! Two ingredients and dinner is done! I like to serve it over toast or rice and add a vegetable. I buy the bagged frozen chicken, myself. (We're having it tonight!)

I've also found a treasure trove of recipes at A Year of Slowcooking. And I noticed last night at WalMart that Better Homes and Gardens has an entire slowcooking cookbook/magazine out until March 31.

If you look, you'll find something for every meal and every taste.

I've mentioned in my previous article several reasons why slowcooking is a good idea. But I've recently discovered another one. My husband has a slightly irregular schedule, so his arrival time at home each night can be hard to predict. If dinner is already cooking, I don't have to pull off feats of genius to figure out what time to get dinner started each night!

That's my simple tip for today. Do you have a slow-cooker recipe to share? If so, share it on your blog and post a link in the comments!




Share



Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38