01 02 03 400 Things: Slow-cooker Breakfast 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Slow-cooker Breakfast

34

As you may have read in previous posts, you know I LOVE slow cooking. I'm always searching for some new out-of-the-ordinary meal to try in my slow cooker. Recently, I ran across two great-looking breakfast recipes!


We just had this Breakfast Cobbler yesterday, and it was delicious, and healthy! I adjusted the original recipe for my family of 6, and we had leftovers. Here's what I did:



Place apples in slow cooker and mix in remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours (overnight) or high 2-3 hours.


I used a mixture of Gala and Granny Smith apples for fun. I also used a granola cereal with raisins in it. Some members of my family suggested we could go without the raisins next time. : )


Breakfast Rice is the other new one I found, and we haven't tried it yet. I'll be using it this next week. We've always liked rice for breakfast with sugar, butter, and milk, so I was excited to find a healthier version:



Combine all the ingredients in slow cooker and cook on low for 8-10 hours. Sweeten as desired.


I can't stress how nice it is to wake up to a busy morning schedule and know that breakfast is ready! I even go to bed happy when I make a slow cooker breakfast!


Labels: , ,

35 36 37 38