01 02 03 400 Things: The Most Wonderful Time of the Year 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

34 Don't worry; this is NOT a Christmas post. Not yet. To me, the most wonderful time of the year is FALL! I think it's because of the long, hot summers we have here in Texas. That first hint of a cool breeze is such a relief, it convinces me that summer will end after all. It is my favorite time to really view this amazing world God created.


I start dreaming of pumpkins, falling leaves, walks outdoors with a jacket on, and anything that smells like cinnamon.



I was so excited last week, I did this:


I was so happy with that one, that I did another one for the front porch:



I saw a big tree done up like that at Hobby Lobby and instantly knew that was the thing that had been missing from my fall decor collection (which rivals my Christmas collection, by the way). I already had three mini Christmas trees, so it didn't cost me a dime!

I also have a pumpkin pie candle sitting on the candle warmer all day. Mmmmm...


I did stop short of putting out the pilgrims and turkeys. That will come after Columbus Day.

Did you know you can add pumpkin pie spice to lots of recipes and start celebrating the change of season? Try adding it to your

And for a really special treat, try my Pumpkin Spice Bread. I got this recipe from Familyfun.com a few years ago. It makes 2 loaves, which is extra special, since your family will inhale the first one as soon as it comes out of the oven!

Pumpkin Spice Bread

Oven: 350 degrees

In large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, sugar, water, oil, and eggs. Beat until well mixed. In separate bowl, stir all dry ingredients together. Slowly add to pumpkin mixture, beating until smooth.


Grease two loaf pans and dust them with flour. Evenly divide batter between two pans. Bake for 60-70 minutes or till toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool for 10-15 minutes. Then remove from pans by inverting them onto a rack and tapping bottoms. Slice and serve!


Enjoy the beautiful changes this fall that God has been so great to bless us with!



Labels: ,

35 36 37 38