01 02 03 400 Things: God loves kittens 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

God loves kittens

34 My girls have been begging for kittens for quite some time. Especially Chloe. But since we have had a never-ending round of cats (stray and pets) coming and going, I've continually said NO.
We've never had less than 4 cats at one time over the last 5 years.

This past year, some long-loved cats have passed away. Oddly enough, another stray cat would show up to take the place of the passing cat. Every time. Sigh.

I think the girls must have secretly been praying for kittens, because . . . well . . . see below:













One day this summer while we were all outside doing yard work, Chloe came running and screaming to me from the back yard. I had the mower running, so I couldn't hear her, but it seemed something terrible had happened. Nope. She just found a litter of kittens hidden behind a tree.
Apparently, one of the strays (no, make that TWO) moved in and set up house. So now we have kittens, and the kids couldn't be happier. I told them God knew they wanted kittens so badly, and He provided them when Mom would not.
I have to admit, they're pretty cute.
No, we cannot have a puppy, too.

Labels: ,

35 36 37 38